Mentoring&More is a 501c(3) not for profit organization
Mentoring&More began in 2008 because of a belief: Everyone who aspires to higher learning deserves a chance to get a college education. If college historically has not been a part of the family fabric, then these aspirations need help to become a reality. Colleges are expecting well-educated and well-rounded applicants, and it is our mission to ensure that our students live up to college expectations.
We began as a group of five women who chose to make a difference in students’ lives. Over the four years of high school each of these Mentors took an active and comprehensive part in her student’s academic and personal development, supporting them during times of struggle, and opening doors for them during times of growth.
We are beginning our ninth year and have had many rewarding success stories to share!!
- Are volunteers
- Are interested in our future generation
- Utilize our awareness of community resources
- Encourage student growth through enrichment opportunities
- Understand the requirements of college admission
- Make a commitment to our student for the four years of high school
- Have high expectations for our students
- Are Lely High School students
- Enter our program in Freshman year
- Are highly motivated to go to college
- Maintain at least a 3.0 GPA
- Display a volunteer ethic
- Seek academic and personal growth opportunities
- Are on free and reduced lunch
- Are first generation in their families to go to college
Congratulations Bree! We couldn’t be more proud of Bree. She is off to the army and basic training in Fort Jackson! We will miss her [...]
Congrats to our senior Elizabeth Stephens!
Congrats to our senior Elizabeth Stephens. She has been accepted to Florida International University, University of South Florida, University of Pittsburgh and Florida Gulf Coast [...]